- Automatically locate specific vehicles and intersections with the click of a mouse.
- Connect to intersection controller switches to enable display of current signal status on map.
- Automatically download and save activity logs from onboard VCUs while vehicles are at station.
- Configure system to automatically generate reports, which are automatically emailed and archived at specified intervals.
- Automatically alert designated personnel—as specified events occur.
- View logs, and generate reports, that show changes in connectivity status to help identify possible network issues.
- Interface with optional EMTRAC components, such as the onboard Control Head that alert the driver if priority requests are denied by the controller.
First Response – Automatic Vehicle Location (AVL)
The EMTRAC Central Monitoring System enables first-response dispatch and department personnel to remotely monitor vehicle progress and activity in real time.
With EMTRAC AVL (automatic vehicle location), equipped vehicles automatically transmit location and activity data to network-connected EMTRAC detectors in wayside cabinets. This data is displayed on central-workstation monitors, showing vehicle movement on a map in real-time. The data is also recorded in detailed logs for later review.
The vehicle and wayside components used for the AVL system are the same as those used for basic EMTRAC EVP/TSP functionality, making it both a simple and cost-effective way to implement an accurate and reliable AVL system.
- Timeliness: View vehicle progress that is updated on the map every one to four seconds.
- Ease of Installation: Central Monitoring System interfaces with existing EMTRAC TSP and EVP system components, requiring minimal additional equipment.
- Expandability: Agencies can upgrade their existing EMTRAC system with minimal effort, adding capabilities as schedules and budgets allow.
- Flexibility: Customize permissions for individual or group users and alter reporting responses to meet specific agency requirements.
- Accuracy: The EMTRAC system utilizes precision satellite and inertial positioning to ensure exact vehicle location reporting—even in unfavorable urban environments.
- Security: Frequency-Hopping Spread Spectrum radio signal has superior range and utilizes AES encryption.
EMTRAC System video demonstrations of EMTRAC System capabilities, including Emergency Vehicle Preemption (EVP), Transit Signal Priority (TSP), transit rail safety, vehicle detection, and signal management.